Gilbert's First and Original Speakeasy
The White Rabbit Story
Legend has it, Dr O’Hare began his practice in Gilbert in 1910. When prohibition became law in 1920, he saw opportunity. As a doctor, he began to prescribe “alcoholic concoctions” to his “patients” and opened his Apothecary (pharmacy) in 1920.
As a savvy businessman, he decided to expand his operation and opened the first speakeasy bar as part of his apothecary. In order to gain access, patrons were given a secret password and told how to access the speakeasy through a hidden door.
Today, The White Rabbit lives on in Downtown Gilbert. Password and knowing the secret entrance are still required. Cheers!
Seating available on a first come, first serve basis.
Press & Media